Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Musing

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. 
Live the life you've imagined."
Henry David Thoreau, as quoted by, well, everyone.



This has long been one of my very favorite quotes. I have it copied out in innumerable places. It is emblazoned on paperweights, frames, and my favorite, a mirror. But somehow, sitting in my bedside table stack, hiding in The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin, it changed meaning for me. (The change could not have been in me - the words must have been rearranged or something.)

I had concentrated on the NOUNS all this time. 

Not the verbs. 

THE VERBS. 

GO. LIVE. 

General direction, fuzzy imaginings. Those are not the key elements that need to be nailed down and codified in a five point plan. I had been waiting for those to come into clear focus before I started off. 

Silly, Jenny. Just GO. Action is always more powerful than location.

No comments: