Friday, April 15, 2011

Quote Books

In high school I had a quote book. Multi-colored markers, magazine clippings & drawings made other people's wisdom my own. The library of Alexandria in my black and white marble notebook. I thought it was a just a childish habit. Until last night, when I realized that I am still doing it.
My bedside table is an explosion of knowledge. Ecclectic. Experts. Idiots. Sometimes I learn more from them. Some are reference books. Some histories.  Easily half the stack are really just glorified quote books like mine - but with less flair. And I am buying them instead of making them. That is simply silly.
I don't have aspirations for the NYT Bestseller list, but really, someone else should benefit from all these amazon.com purchases....

And so I introduce...
You Can Do.
A Daily Dose of Wisdom From Unexpected Sources

No comments: